Future Stars Futbol is a year-round coach-driven youth soccer program that focuses on the individual player, teaching fundamentals, building confidence, and developing team skills. We take pride in educating and training all of our players and coaches in the technical, tactical, physical and mental components of the game, creating a competitive yet positive and fun environment. We promote integrity, leadership, self-discipline, and character development, putting equal importance on sportsmanship and team spirit as skilled players.
We provide an opportunity for our players to participate at all levels of play including recreational, travel and the premier level. We offer intramural practice schedules, as well as travel teams, clinics, and personal training, all taught by certified and licensed coaches. Currently, we are running programs 7 days a week, accommodating kids ages 3 – 15.
About Sasha’mani Francois, Founder and Coach:
For the last decade, Sasha’mani has been coaching both boys and girls club and school futbol (soccer) teams ranging from ages 3 to 16. In early 2010, Future Stars Futbol was founded as a summer program, and the organization has since become a year-round staple for kids of all ages in Brooklyn. Before this, he worked with the JV and Varsity teams at Packer Collegiate Institute, as well as with several American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO) teams. He is currently committed to training and coaching travels teams for U7-U11 boys and girls, as well as an academy program. Sasha’mani’s unique style of training focuses on the development of the individual child, encouraging and challenging each one to approach the field with his or her best mental and physical ability. He is at once a teacher and a friend; his players admire him as a role model, and he in turn always treats them with respect. Sasha’mani has been playing soccer since the age of four, and played semi-pro for several years on various tournament teams in New York and Florida. His two great passions are futbol and kids.
Safety Guidelines for Future Stars Futbol
The following guidelines are the policies of Future Stars Futbol NY, LLC with regard to awareness and prevention of abuse within the Club.
· Future Stars Futbol is committed to provide a safe environment and to prevent child abuse and sexual misconduct.
· Future Stars Futbol is committed to undertake reasonable efforts to ensure that every person involved in coaching or team and/or club management, including FSF’s Executive Director, coaches, assistant coaches, trainers, bus chaperones and other employees or independent contractors, will abide by these guidelines.
· Future Stars Futbol is a member of The Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA). ENYYSA has adopted a “Risk Management Program” to assist FSF in providing a safe experience for our children. This program includes risk management registration and background checks for coaches, managers, employees and independent contractors of FSF. All coaches, managers, employees and independent contractors of FSF must register with the ENYYSA Risk Management Program and complete an on-line disclosure statement which is used to conduct a background check.
· Future Stars Futbol will take appropriate actions regarding all concerns or allegations of child abuse and/or sexual misconduct. All concerns or allegations should be reported immediately to the President or Head Coach of FSF. FSF will take appropriate actions as soon as practicable based on FSF’s review of the circumstances and its findings. Allegations or concerns may be reported promptly to authorities for investigation.
The following represents certain preventive policies of FSF with regard to abuse:
· Physical, mental or verbal abuse of any player, employee, participant or referee involved in FSF’s activities is not permitted.
· Inappropriate touching of any kind is forbidden.
· FSF requires that more than one adult be present at any FSF activity involving players under U-15. At FSF activities involving players U-15 or older, to the extent reasonably practical, FSF strongly suggests that more than one adult be present. If a player under U-15 needs special attention (for example, one-on-one training or an individual meeting), that activity or meeting should be conducted in the presence of another adult.
· Non-parent coaches should avoid any appearance of impropriety and should not socialize with players except at FSF activities or social gatherings where parents are present.
· Non-parent coaches should never transport a player in a car or other vehicle except (i) in an emergency or other necessary circumstances or (ii) unless the player’s parent or guardian has granted permission. Beginning with the Fall 2013-Spring 2014 season, permission to travel with a non-parent coach may be granted on the FSF’s registration or medical forms.
· Non-parent coaches are not permitted to share a room overnight with a player(s).
· Use or possession of illegal drugs or underage drinking at any FSF activity is prohibited.
· Parents are encouraged to attend all FSF activities.
Adopted by the Board of Directors on September 1, 2012